Thursday, April 12, 2007

Acknowledging an Offer Letter

March 15, 2000

James M. Lignos
Development Supervisor
Technical Department
CIBA-GEIGY
Macintosh, Alabama 36533

Dear Mr. Lignos:

I was very pleased to receive your call on March 14 offering me a position as Assistant Engineer in your Technical Department at an annual salary of $55,500. As we discussed on the phone, CIBA-GEIGY would also pay up to $1,000 of my relocation expenses, and a July 1, 2000 starting date is acceptable.

I understand that you expect a decision on this offer within three weeks. I will respond within that time. If I have any further questions as I make my decision, I will call you.

CIBA-GEIGY and your division have an excellent reputation, and I am very pleased to be asked to join your organization. I have been very impressed with CIBA-GEIGY, particularly the commitment to quality engineering research. I want to make the best decision possible for this important first step in my career, and I appreciate the information and perspectives you have shared with me; it will be very helpful as I make my decision.


Sincerely,

SIGNATURE

Irma Sooner

No comments: